Education & Licenses
- MD - Indiana University School of Medicine
- Psychiatry internship and residency - University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX
- Biology Degree - Denison University, Ohio
- Board certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology diplomate
Professional & Personal Background
Upon completion of her medical residency, Dr. Rizzari worked for four years in inpatient psychiatric units, first in Dallas, TX, then at Roger’s Memorial Hospital in Madison. She then worked in several different partial hospital programs and intensive outpatient programs specializing in treating dual diagnosis, anxiety disorders, and mood disorders. Dr. Rizzari is licensed to practice medicine in Wisconsin, Illinois, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Minnesota, Pennsylvania, Texas, and California.
Dr. Rizzari was born and raised in Indiana. She, her husband, and their three canine fur babies currently reside outside Detroit, MI. Dr. Rizzari enjoys traveling, playing the violin, and running. She is a volunteer with the Junior League of Birmingham and the Oakland County Animal Shelter and plays violin with Spectrum Orchestra.