Education & Licenses
- Doctorate - Nursing, Frontier Nursing University, Hyden, KY
- Post-Masters Certificate - Women’s Health, Frontier Nursing University, Hyden, KY
- Masters Degree - Nursing, Frontier Nursing University, Hyden, KY
- Bachelors Degree - Nursing, Northland College, Ashland, WI
- Associate Degree - Nursing, Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College, Ashland, WI
- American College of Nurse-Midwives
- American Association of Women’s Health Nurse Practitioners
- Wisconsin Association of Perinatal Care
- DONA International
- Evidence Based Birth
- Dancing for Birth
Professional & Personal Background
Dr. Tenney provides women’s health services for women of all ages including prenatal and postpartum care. Prior to coming here, she developed the Maternal and Child Health Department at the Red Cliff Tribal Health Center, where she worked for 15 years as a Maternal and Child Health (MCH) nurse. Dr. Tenney then became the director of the MCH department, and eventually received her certification as a nurse-midwife. She has worked in tribal communities her entire career and is committed to providing holistic, culturally-safe care.
Dr. Tenney lives in Washburn, WI, with her husband and children. She loves to dance and be creative in many different forms.