Education & Licenses
- American Sports Medicine Institute; Birmingham, AL - Sports Medicine Fellowship, 2007 - 2008
- Indiana University; Indianapolis, IN - Orthopedic Surgery Residency, 2002 - 2007
- Medical College of Wisconsin; Milwaukee, WI - Doctor of Medicine, 1998 - 2002
- St. Cloud State University; St. Cloud, MN, Bachelor of Science, Biology, 1995 - 1998
- University of Dubuque; Dubuque, IA, 1994 - 1995
- American Board of Orthopedic Surgeons - Board Certified
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- American Orthopedic Society for Sports Medicine
Professional & Personal Background
Dr. Obma specializes in robot-assisted joint-replacement surgery as well as minimally-invasive arthroscopic surgery of the shoulder, elbow, hip, knee and ankle. His passion is innovation and creating ways to improve outcomes and decrease complications for patients. He is the founder of Strive Orthopedics and has filed several patents based on medical innovations he devised, including the invention of a new shoulder operation to repair torn rotator cuff tendons.
Dr. Obma enjoys spending his free time with his with wife and three children. He also loves to travel any chance he gets.