Education & Licenses
- Bachelor of Arts Degree: Pre-Occupational Therapy from St. Mary’s College, Winona, Minnesota (1989)
- Master of Occupational Therapy (MOT): Texas Woman’s University, Denton, Texas (1992)
- Post-Professional Doctorate of Occupational Therapy (OTD) – Concentration in Administration & Practice Management: Rocky Mountain University of Health Professions, Provo, UT (2014)
- National Board Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT): 1992-current
- State of Wisconsin (Department of Safety and Professional Services): Licensed Occupational Therapist
- State of Michigan (Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs): Licensed Occupational Therapist
AOTA (American Occupational Therapy Association) Member
Florence County Aging and Disability Resource Center (ADRC) Board Member – currently
Professional & Personal Background
As an occupational therapist, I have had a diverse career including working in a free-standing rehabilitation facility focusing on individuals with spinal cord injuries, traumatic brain injuries, and orthopedic conditions early in my career. Transitioning back to the Midwest allowed for focus on general rehabilitation services ranging from outpatient, hospital, and skilled nursing facilities in rural health care systems. Transitioning from patient care to academia allowed me to teach at Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College for a few years, while maintaining clinical skills at skilled nursing facilities in the western part of the State. Most recently, I have provided services for skilled nursing facilities as a clinician and Director of Rehabilitation services for single site and multisite contract agencies. My desire to enhance people’s lives through improving their participation in meaningful activities and “live life to the fullest” brings purpose and value to my life and career.
My hobbies and interests center on family activities including: fishing, kayaking (very new to this), ATV’ing, gardening, reading, and helping with activities for my community.